Monday, September 04, 2006

loss

I am sorry that Steve Irwin died.
I know everyone has an inner asshole that wont be able to resist saying "oh well, he was crazy or it was inevitable or holy shit I was sure it was going to be a croc that got him".
To that inner jerk; yes you are right but who cares? He loved what he did. He had a really cool life.
Every day he woke up and grinned madly, thoroughly fucking joyous that he was alive and he got to do exactly what he wanted.
How many of us are that happy about going to work?
Can you say that your job makes you cackle madly with glee?
Steve was a cool guy, he made crocs and snakes cool. He showed the world that reptiles were important. He showed that something freakishly scary could also have a real personality.
He showed the world that they had a right to survival.
Can you tell the world that what you do everyday is vital?

I hope his kids get to grow up proud as hell their father made a difference in the world they live in.



It has been a very difficult time for me and for everyone I know. We lost our friend. I wish he could have had one tiny fraction of the joy Steve had for life. I wish all of us could live with that little joy, that mad glee..that exuberant joy..even if it is only for a second or two a day.

Joy is what keeps us alive. Loss of it makes life unbearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Google News
  • Edit-Me
  • Edit-Me
  • copyright harleynalice 2006