Sunday, May 07, 2006

Whore?

Okay I have fallen out of like with the men of Greys anatomy. Holy shit I don't like them.
I have been married for a very long time and yet I can still remember what a new relationship feels like and Burke shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone.
If your girlfriend or wife has had two orgasms you need to finish already. Sex is not a marathon and every woman alive will tell you there is nothing more boring or annoying than the guy who wont come. It becomes monotonous and ridiculous and I heartily recommend going to sleep while Superman plugs on alone.
Sulking at the dinner table with a book is an asshole move and this relationship needs to be over, soon. Christina is a cool,strong woman and Burke is trying to mold her into "the little lady'.

I have no words for what McDreamy pulled. He was ugly and belligerent. It was bad enough that he used his wife as a substitute sex toy but attacking and blaming Meredith for the choice he made is gross.
He chose Addison, Grey begged him to choose her and he didn't and he has no right to any relationship.
He is disgusting. He offered friendship and then when she moved on from worshiping at his feet he ripped it away like a child.

Both these men demonstrated they have the maturity of fourteen year old boys and I fervently hope that even Addison soon gets the memo that her husband is a prick.
George..Oh George,,she is your girlfriend. I don't care if you have to lie your ass off, you defend your girlfriend to all that threaten. I give George a small pass because he is really new to this relationship thing, hopefully he gets his shit together quickly.

The only man that demonstrated love was the man who ended up with no love in the end.
I have seen this and it's not that romantically sad. It's awful and a newborn doesn't make it any easier. It usually makes it worse.

On the whole I liked how the women handled these assholes but holy crap they better try to fix these glaring personality faults soon. It's impossible to watch a show if all you are hoping for is the untimely death of a few of these characters.

Now, about CSI. Okay, so we all have noticed that the Sara/Grissom thing is ratcheting up again. I get that Grissom is Sara's one true love and Sara is Grissoms but the problem is reality.
Grissom is a department head. Sara is an employee that is supervised by Grissom. It would be dating your boss.
Dating your boss is not a good thing to do.
First we have the legalities..Does your employer allow this relationship? If yes, do you have to sign a few legal documents that explicitly forbid you to sue the employer and the boss if this romance goes to hell and you get moved to a shift you hate?
So, now you have signed away all your rights if the romance goes to hell. Side note: did your boss have to sign those forms?
Second issue: there is no way in hell the employer will allow your boss to complete your evaluations. What's he going to say? Great in bed, makes a mean cup of coffee and is punctual and always willing to take on difficult assignments?
So, now you have to accept someone else doing your evaluation. It will be Catherine. Catherine doesn't like you much and really likes you a lot less now that you are dating her best friend.
Ecklie could do it but that would be worse.
Does Grissom experience any change in his status? Why no, no he doesn't. Worse he can do nothing to save you if you do something stupid.

So, the only person that will lose in this "romance" is Sara. She would be insane to do it.
Therefore expect her and Grissom to get together in the finale.
I like them together, she has enough of a mischievous side to keep me amused with the relationship. The problem is wouldn't it just become too weird and awkward?
Maybe if it was a secret only known to a few?

I don't know, it just feels unworkable..........
But the writers are talking about getting Warrick a TV divorce and putting him with Catherine..That brings up all the same issues really.
I hate the Catherine/Warrick idea, she would eat him alive and I like Warrick.
I guess my issue is avoiding the soap opera elements..I hate CSI Miami and NY...Too much touchy feely crap. But I want some acknowledgment of the relationships on CSI. The Grissom/Sara thing needs to be fulfilled because it's clearly,weirdly a correct relationship. It makes sense in a weird fulfilling way, it's the same with Catherine/Warrick..We have known about it for so long it has become subplot. It guides how they interact with each other and you just can't drag that shit out for too long or it just becomes irritating.

I guess it's the cake and eat it syndrome. I want to see these relationships work with some mighty struggles I hope. Still, I want to see that you can have some happiness despite working at the worlds most depressing job.
I want to see these characters on a different level, not just murder of the week all the time, little glimpses into their personal shit...trying to create a personal and working relationship..bouncing into the real boundaries of that...that could be interesting..
It would take some really great writers though to keep it away from soapy mush.

Maybe I just want to see Grissom kiss Sara , tell her he loves her and they walk hand in hand into the dark.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger BBC said...

Maybe you watch too much TV. :-)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger adventures in disaster said...

hee
I thought the very same thing after I wrote all that but I felt better when I realized if you subtract premiership soccer, la liga, seriA ,EUFA,champions league and the build up to the world cup I hardly watch any television at all.
Hell I never get a chance since my husband appears to be glued to the soccer channel.
feel pity for a soccer widow..she deserves to rant about her shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Google News
  • Edit-Me
  • Edit-Me
  • copyright harleynalice 2006